Engaging bird-lovers through video, audio, stories and wonderful images with this new Drupal 7 website
BirdNote is a radio program with nearly 1,000 archived shows with new shows added daily. You can listen to BirdNote every weekday at 9a.m. PST on 89.5 KPLU. BirdNote promotes birding, bird preservation and advocacy. The shows are interesting and engaging and are targeted to help people care about the natural world.
Our team listened to BirdNote's ideas, asked targeted questions about their user base and needs and gaps that had been previously identified, educated the BirdNote team about Drupal and soon a larger plan started taking shape. In fact we got the BirdNote team so excited about the possibilities that lay open to them with Drupal, collectively we essentially evolved the project well beyond the original vision.
- Drupal 7 CMS based website that is easy for the BirdNote staff to administer
- Custom theme creation of a beautiful design by TrueGood Creative
- Custom content types with integrated taxonomy and node relationships; for example "Shows" have audio, video, contributors, images, birds related resources and links all associated
- Curated guest contributions
- Custom module development to sync audio files uploaded in Drupal with Amazon S3
- Audio files are playable using a custom themed Media Element audio player and streamed from the S3 server
- Custom imports and workflow so that BirdNote staff can import a month’s worth of shows at one time and add additional content before going live
- Featured photo, video and nest cam galleries curated by BirdNote staff
- Show archive that allows users to filter by keyword, bird or topic
- Seasonal background photos
- Considerable number of ideas and options that we helped BirdNote narrow down to a specific set of deliverables for their budget
BirdNote now has a wonderful newly designed Drupal 7 website. It pulls in contributions from photographers, videographers and bloggers who are bird lovers themselves. The site has increased search engine optimization and is easily viewable on mobile devices. BirdNote now has a powerful and modern platform to build from for future features and a beautiful new user experience from which to navigate all the rich stories, video and images.